Princess Porsche Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HEREIN. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
1. Eligibility: The Princess Porsche Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age as of the time of entry (each, an “Entrant”). Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
All employees of Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. (“Sponsor”), its advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents, Carnival Corporation, and Radiqal Technologies, LLC (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, or parent, grandparent, and their respective spouse) or household members are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of potential Winners (as defined herein). This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws. Sponsor’s decision is final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including decisions regarding the identity and eligibility of any potential entrant.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins June 12, 2022 at 12:00:01 AM Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and ends on November 30, 2022 at 11:59:59 PM GMT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period in order to be eligible for this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: There are six ways to enter the Sweepstakes as follows:
a) Entry Methods 1 through 5 are actions that must be taken in connection with a Sponsor cruise in order to receive a Sweepstakes entry – for free method of entry, please see (b) below. Entrant will receive one (1) entry for each of the following actions, subject to the entry limit listed below:
i. Book and make initial deposit on any sailing with Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (each eligible guest on such booking will receive one (1) entry);
ii. During the Sweepstakes Period, complete the OceanReady® checklist for your upcoming Sponsor sailing via the MedallionClass® mobile application to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (sailing not required to occur during Sweepstakes Period, however, there is a limit of one entry via this method for each cruise and an entrant shall not receive additional entries for undoing and redoing their Ocean Ready checklist completion);
iii. Purchase any OceanMedallion® accessory through the MedallionClass mobile application during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes;
iv. Make a purchase using your Medallion® device through MedallionPay® Shoreside with participating merchants during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (on board purchases are not eligible for this entry method, and MedallionPay® Shoreside purchases with participating merchants are only available on select sailings; consult Sponsor crew members for information on whether MedallionClass® ShoreSide is available on your sailing); and
v. During the Sweepstakes Period, purchase Princess Premier (either by upgrading your cruise booking or at time of booking) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (Princess Premier additions made prior to the Sweepstakes Period shall not be valid; each eligible guest on such booking will receive one (1) entry).
b) Method 2: TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES WITHOUT MAKING ANY PURCHASE, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit Princess.com/TaycanSweepstakes and submit your name, email address, date of birth, address, phone number and/or any other information requested by the Sponsor to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit: Three (3) entries per person/e-mail address per Day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period regardless of which entry method is used. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “Day” is defined as each calendar day, starting at 12:00:00 am GMT and ending at 11:59:59 pm GMT on such day. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter more than the daily limit listed above or as multiple entrants. Any attempt by the Entrant and/or his or her respective family/friends to enter more than the number of times authorized herein, using multiple names and/or email addresses, and/or systematic entering from the same IP address, and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall give the Sponsor the right to disqualify the Entrant and/or their entries, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion. Any entries from an Entrant that exceeds the daily limit shall be void.
Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information, submit the registration form, and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any potential Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
If you enter using the MedallionClass® app, message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate.
4. Winner Selection: On or around December 15, 2022 at 1600 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, one (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received via both entry methods. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners are subject to verification.
By entering Sweepstakes, Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. Before being declared a winner, a potential Canadian Winner must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, and a timed mathematical skill-testing question. The skill-testing question will be administered by mail or email. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any script, macro, robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar duplication method.
On or around December 19, 2022, the potential winner will be notified by e-mail and/or phone number at the email/phone number provided during entry.
If Sponsor elects to call potential winner for winner notification process, Sponsor will try the winner three (3) times per day for two (2) days. If a potential Winner cannot be reached or fails to respond to any notification during the period of forty-eight (48) consecutive hours (Sponsor shall not be required to leave messages/voicemails on answering machines (as applicable)) or fails to respond, such winner may be disqualified.
If Sponsor elects to email potential winner for winner notification process, potential winner will have two (2) business days to respond to such notification.
Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, tax forms, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within three (3) business days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited. If Sponsor sends such documents via mail, it will provide a return envelope and the return envelope must be sent back and postmarked within three (3) days of delivery of such documents (Sponsor shall have tracking information to determine the delivery date of such mail).If any prize correspondence or notice is returned as non-deliverable, if a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if any required documents or required responses are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, then winner may be disqualified and the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any non-delivery failure caused by a change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any communication failure.
5. Prize: There will be one (1) prize received by a winner (once verified, the “Winner”) as follows: The Winner will receive the title to a Princess Cruises logoed 2022 Porsche Taycan. The vehicle will have a surround sound system, interior in black/limestone beige, silver window trim, and other features. No charging port included.
All prize details not contained herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) or prize: $95,130 USD/$120,322.80 CAD. Actual value of Prize may vary and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of any prizes will not be awarded. CAD value is based on the exchange rate on May 31, 2022, the difference (if any) between the exchange rate at the time of conversion and the time of prize award shall not be awarded.
Vehicle will be available with standard equipment, as described above; any upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the Winner. Color, package, factory options, and other prize specifics to be determined by Sponsor. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the vehicle including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition. Winner must have proof of a valid U.S. driver’s license from their state or place of residence in the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) to take delivery of vehicle; failure to show same may result in prize forfeiture. Winner will be responsible for all optional equipment, title, license, insurance and registration fees required in claiming the vehicle, any applicable taxes and duties as well as all other expenses relating to the receipt and use of vehicle, including any travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the vehicle. All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the Winner. Winner will be provided instructions to obtain vehicle at a location in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to be determined by Sponsor. Winner must pick up the vehicle at such location at dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, between approximately January 7, 2023 and January 14, 2023. Winner may be provided with additional details and instructions. Winner must be available to complete travel to the pickup location between January 7 and January 14, 2023. In the event the Winner cannot travel to the pickup location on the dates designated by Sponsor, Winner may be disqualified.
• If the Winner does not live within driving distance of the pickup location (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor will provide the Winner with round-trip, coach class air transportation for the Winner from the major commercial airport nearest Winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to an airport near pick up location (also as determined by Sponsor it its sole discretion) and hotel accommodations for one (1) night in a single occupancy, standard hotel. Selection of the airline and departure and arrival airport are solely within Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description herein, including but not limited to, all ground transportation, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone, movies, etc.), meals and beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, baggage fees, and personal incidentals. Winner will be required to provide a valid major credit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the winner’s hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card or deducted from the deposit provided. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by selected travel providers, availability and other material restrictions may apply. Winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from a Winner’s change to itinerary or accommodations. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. All air travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security, as required. Winners must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs, if any. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of any prize component due to unforeseen circumstances, or those outside of Sponsor’s control.
Because COVID-19 is a novel virus, Winner agrees and acknowledges that there is always a risk with travel and Sponsor shall not be responsible for any such risk or outcome. Further, Sponsor is not responsible for any change or difference in the availability of any amenities, offerings, or otherwise when such arises out of our effort to adhere to changes in regulations and protocols with respect to COVID-19, over which Sponsor has no control.
Prize is non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize will only be awarded to addresses within the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec). Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local taxes connected with receipt of prize, the use and enjoyment of the prizes (whether or not it is used), or any other taxes in connection with this Sweepstakes unless otherwise required by law. Prior to receiving title to any prize (and in accordance with the winner notification timeline set forth above), the Winner must furnish the Sponsor with a fully completed IRS Form W-9 or W-8BEN, whichever is applicable, and any additional information which may be requested by Sponsor to fulfill any tax reporting requirements. If Winner is a United States resident or citizen, he/she shall receive IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any and all applicable prizes. Any taxes that are required to be withheld at source and remitted to any governmental or tax authority by the Sponsor shall be directly deducted and withheld from applicable prize where possible, or otherwise shall be paid by the Winner to the Sponsor prior to taking delivery of the prize.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants understand and agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes, all of which are final and binding, (b) to accept any and all Prizes hereunder as awarded, with substitution (as applicable), and (c) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and Sweepstakes Entities and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, Porsche Cars North America, Inc., and Radiqal Technologies, LLC (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability whatsoever, including, without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, damages, loss or destruction of property rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) in connection with this Sweepstakes or with the awarding, announcement, acceptance, receipt, ownership, or use or misuse of any prize awarded hereunder (including, but not limited to, any travel related thereto) and/or other errors in these Official Rules, and (d) except where legally prohibited, by accepting any prize awarded hereunder, a Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in perpetuity, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on digital media, without notice, review or approval by the Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority. If an Entrant is selected as a Winner, Winner’s information may also be included in a publicly-available Winner’s list.
Releases are not responsible for loss, damage, or claims resulting from the Sweepstakes. Entrants and/or Winners will be disqualified for any attempt to tamper with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or circumvent these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention in a manner, as determined solely by Sponsor, that is fair and equitable to Entrants. Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers with any entry or with the operation of the Sweepstakes, who acts in violation of these Official Rules or otherwise in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or who displays any intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person or who submits any fraudulent or deceptive information. Sponsor reserves the right to verify and audit all entries and to disqualify any Entries related thereto which have not been verified by Sponsor as qualifying in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void, modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should fraud or any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes. ENTRANTS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE. If any provision of the Official Rules or the application of any such provision to any person or circumstance shall be declared to be invalid, unenforceable or void, such decision shall not have the effect of invalidating or voiding the remainder of the Official Rules, it being the intent and agreement of the parties that the Official Rules shall be deemed amended by modifying such provision to the extent necessary to render it valid, legal and enforceable while preserving its intent or, if such modification is not possible, by substituting therefore another provision that is valid, legal and enforceable so as to give effect to Sponsor’s intent. Nothing in these Official Rules shall in any way limit or exclude liability for or in connection with (a) fraud, or (b) death or personal injury caused by Sponsor negligence.
Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
6. Disputes: As a condition of participating, Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing), to the extent permitted by law: (a) that under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded hereunder, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Miami Dade County, Florida.
7. Name of Winners. For the Winners’ first name and surname initial, city & state/province/territory, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Princess Cruise Lines, Attn: Contract Administrator, Princess Porsche Sweepstakes Official Winners, 1600 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. Requests must be received no later than January 23, 2023. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
8. Sponsor: Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. and Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. (Corp.), 24305 Town Center Drive, Santa Clarita, CA 91355.
Radiqal Technologies, LLC, 1819 SE 17th Street, Unit 611, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316 is the prize provider for this Sweepstakes.
All questions about this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR IN RELATION TO PORSCHE CARS NORTH AMERICA, INC. ALL PORSCHE TRADEMARKS ARE USED WITH PERMISSION.